Winter Retreat, July 25-27th 2014
Winter retreat is an opportunity to spend time together outside the dojo doing a little training, eating and relaxing. Family members and day trippers are welcome
I want to come, what next?
1. Let us know your coming
( form at dojo or electronically)
2. Get your accommodation sorted on line, either book a tent site (online at the Biggriggen site) or get a bed in a bunk room ($15pp/night) through the dojo
3. Pay for dinner online here <--click
4. join events page on Facebook here
We have 4 bunk rooms, male and female singles and 2 others . Please see the dojo to reserve and pay for space in these.
There are two other dorm rooms that can be booked for $60/night or bring a tent and spread out.
To book your tent site it should be booked directly through the Bigriggen campground website. Please list 'Aikido Republic' as an accompanying party in the booking forms.
Please note and respect their excellent policies on peace and quiet throughout the park - no noise after 9pm, all arrivals before 8pm on Friday night
Day visitors are welcome - there is a small entry fee to the park on arrival
5 Star accomodation
If 5 stars is your idea of sleeping under the stars fear not
there are some wonderful cabins tucked away in the mountains just a short drive away,
http://www.scenicrimescapes.com.au/ and look in the Mt. Barney Rathdowney region
The Lost world valley is also reasonably close and has some very nice options
Arrival, evening supper ready from 6pm
9:30-10:15 1st session
11:15-12:00 2nd Session
1:15-2:00 3rd session
3:00-3:45 4th session
Discussion on Budo and comunity in the West
We expect the weekend will cost ~$50 per adult. Costs comprising of
1. Dinner ($25 per adult, pay at dojo)
2. Accommodation, tent or bunk room. Camp for $9/$6 night pp (pay and register direct to campground Bigriggen ground)
3. Training fees are included in monthly mat fees, or add casual/ prepay blocks (weekends classes is 2 classes - pay online )
4. BYO food for the reminaing meals, we have a spacious kitchen and hall to prepare and eat in.